Welcome to the new ATDA website. Union members please select Member Login button to create an account.
American Train Dispatchers Association
Member AFL-CIO Transportation Trades Department
Latest news and updates from the ATDA
September 22, 2021 — The Rail Unions comprising the Coordinated Bargaining Coalition (CBC), negotiating together in the current round of National Negotiations, have issued the following statement: To read the statement select this link /wp-content/uploads/2021/09/CBC-Update-20210922.pdf
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, June 4 — A federal judge in El Paso, Texas has ordered Union Pacific Railroad (UP) to reverse the unlawful suspensions of a group of six members of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (BLET) — five of whom are elected officers of Division 192 in El Paso. The judge ruled that all these union members had been wrongfully suspended by the UP in violation of the Railway Labor Act (RLA). UP had suspended these union members for a physical altercation at a private union meeting that was off-duty and completely off company premises.
On behalf of the undersigned rail labor organizations, we write today to express our strong support for H.R. 3684, the INVEST in America Act. This legislation would have transformative impacts across the rail industry and the nation, benefiting rail workers, consumers, travelers, and the broader economy. We applaud Chair DeFazio and Chair Payne for a bold approach to our national rail system.
ATDA applauds Chairmen DeFazio, Payne Jr. and Senator Markey for advancing critical Infrastructure Legislation that includes strong Labor Protections
Read, ATDA extends its thanks to Chairman DeFazio, Senator Markey and Chairman Payne
Read the article by AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler
Being a Unionized railroader has distinct advantages. The attached video provides some basic information about how railroad Unions function and what they do for you. This video also highlights the importance of having a contract and the role the Union has in enforcing it.
- TTD Strongly Supports Legislation for Union-Made Electric Vehicle Tax CreditsOn behalf of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), I urge you to prioritize investments in the budget reconciliation bill to expand tax credits for families that purchase an electric vehicle (EV) made with union labor. Transportation labor has long fought to ensure that federal investments in America’s transportation network also create good jobs for the workers who support that… Read more »
- Transportation Labor Urges Agreement in Congress on Historic Infrastructure InvestmentDear Representative, The Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD) and our 33 affiliated unions have consistently highlighted the need for reliable, long-term reauthorizations of our nation’s highway, public transit, and passenger rail systems. Moreover, we have called for additional large-scale infrastructure investments that would bring all sectors of our aging transportation infrastructure squarely into the 21st […] The post Transportation Labor… Read more »
- Greg Regan Testifies on the Impact of the Federal Government’s COVID-19 Relief and Response EffortsWRITTEN STATEMENT OF GREG REGAN, PRESIDENT TRANSPORTATION TRADES DEPARTMENT, AFL-CIO ________________________________________ BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE “ASSESSING THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S COVID-19 RELIEF AND RESPONSE EFFORTS AND ITS IMPACT – PANEL II” September 30, 2021 Good morning. Thank you, Chairman DeFazio and Ranking Member Graves for inviting me to testify before the Committee today. […] The post Greg Regan… Read more »
- TTD Supports Historic Investments in America’s InfrastructureDear Representative, On behalf of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), I am writing to encourage your strong support for H.R. 3684, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, when it is brought before the House for a vote today. The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act is a historic step toward making necessary and long-overdue investments […] The post TTD Supports… Read more »
- TTD statement on fatal Amtrak derailmentWashington, DC – Greg Regan, president of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), issues this statement on the fatal September 25 Amtrak derailment in Montana that killed three and injured dozens more: “Our hearts go out to all those impacted by Saturday’s fatal Amtrak derailment, including three passengers who tragically lost their lives, and dozens […] The post TTD statement… Read more »
- TTD and Rail Unions Support Amit Bose to Lead FRADear Senator: On behalf of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), the undersigned affiliated rail unions, and millions of frontline transportation workers, I urge you to advance the nomination of Amit Bose for Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) when the Senate Commerce Committee considers his nomination this week. The post TTD and Rail Unions Support Amit Bose to… Read more »
Select the link below for the latest ATDA Train Dispatcher newsletter in PDF format:
Forms and Documents
Here you can find the ATDA documents and forms to keep your membership up to date.